Hi Fellow Engineers!
Snapchat Research is hiring!
We are a passionate team working hard to help people share authentic moments with friends. We have tons of interesting technical challenges, including designing cutting edge techniques to innovate our products, deploying algorithms to handle our scale, and improving the user experience of an application that sees millions of users and billions of requests per day. We are looking for candidates with strong analytical and software skills to join our team.
What you'll do:
- Develop the state of the scientific art approaches to impact products
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Introduce major innovations that can result in product features or new areas of business
- Collaborate and work well to make product impact
Who we're looking for:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Really, really good problem solving skill
- Do code reviews and care about code quality, while also iterating quickly
- Successful previous projects experience that could potentially impact our products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- People who get excited by tough technical challenges
- Collaborative, positive, team-oriented mindset
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Master/PhD in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Hands-on experience and fast prototyping skills
- Industrial experience via prior internships or other employment
- Experience in building algorithms that are scalable to large scale data
- Demonstrated ability in both research and development
We're looking for people who would like to be the foundation of our research team as we continue to grow. Come join us in shaping the way people use technology to communicate! Hope you have a fantastic day!