As a part of Sony Electronics' engineering team you can ensure that what we produce is just as extraordinary as the ideas that inspire us. While we run on fearless creativity and innovation, our engineers make certain that everything we do is of the highest quality. Every day, they work with advanced technologies, including some that most people never even thought possible. Some may call it magic; we call it a commitment to innovation, quality, and style and design.
Sony's U.S. Research Center currently has an opening for Senior Applied Research Engineer in our San Jose, California location. This position is responsible for researching and developing algorithms and architectures for integration into advanced multi-media platforms and products. Responsibilities will include investigating and utilizing complex engineering and mathematical principles to develop core technologies, composing algorithm structures and finding solutions to problems. This will include the assessment and improvement of algorithm performance on a variety of platforms. This position also requires the engineer to analyze and determine system standards and test procedures.
You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors and demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. You will be responsible for networking with senior internal and external personnel in your own area of expertise.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
- PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering or Computer Science is required
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models and fundamentals in Computer Vision theories is required
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Matlab or Python are required
- Experience in research and publication records of Deep Learning, esp. Convolutional Neural Network is a strong plus
- Solid knowledge on statistical evaluation methodologies is a strong plus
- Experience in research and publication records of Markov Random Field and Conditional Random Field to understand spatial correlation is a strong plus
- Must be self-motivated and creative, with proven analytical skills, excellent research record, and ability to communicate effectively
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally if required
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.