|Title: Research Scientist ( C/C++ | Image processing | Algorithm Development )||Posted: March 3, 2016|
|Location: Milpitas, CA , USA|
Description: Position: Research Scientist
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The SWIFT (Simultaneous Wafer Inspection at Fast Throughput) division is part of the Wafer Inspection Group (WIG) and consists in an organization globally located in US, Germany, India, and Singapore. The SWIFT division has the mission to provide cost-effective solutions for high-sampling wafer inspection applications. We effectively partner with field support teams and customers to lower overall fab costs by supplying world-leading high-throughput inspection, metrology and review systems. Our comprehensive product portfolio includes: all-wafer-surface (frontside, backside, and edge) macro inspection, standalone high-sampling inspection, and standalone edge inspection and metrology tools that are deployed across several advanced wafer fabs for a large number of applications. Besides developing valuable products, the SWIFT division provides support to the customers to achieve performance entitlement through the sharing and implementation of applications BKM (Best Known Methods).
The LS-SWIFT algorithm team is expanding to enter new markets and meet growing needs of existing customers in advanced semiconductor fabs.
We are looking for a motivated individual comfortable working in a startup like environment, who can rapidly prototype proof of concept algorithms to meet changing marketing requirements and quickly turn them into production level software running in a near real time system.
Application Instructions: Responsibilities:
1) The successful candidate will join a world-class team of software and algorithm engineers to conceive, implement, optimize, and document advanced algorithms and software modules used in inspection and metrology systems.
2) The responsibilities of this position covers the entire life cycle of algorithms and software development, including proof-of-concept design/research, production algorithm/software design and implementation, performance characterization, documentation and support.
3) The successful candidate needs to be a self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and be an effective team player. Strong written and verbal communications skills are needed for extensive interactions with members of a multi-disciplinary global team.
1) MS/PhD in Science or Engineering fields.
2) Strong background in applied mathematics and signal/image processing.
3) Minimum 5-year experience in algorithm and software development using C++ in field of signal/image processing.
4) Experience in Object-Oriented and multi-threaded software development is essential.
5) Experience with performance optimizations for real time execution is a must. Familiarity with Intel Performance Primitives and Open CV preferred.
6) Knowledge in optics and semiconductor process is a plus.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com