Description: innovation, innovation, innovation! It’s what our engineers strive on. We are passionate inventors. Every day, we design and develop cutting edge products that connect our consumers to the world. From high-quality audio sound to high-definition TV, we experiment and play with the latest technologies, and oftentimes, invent our own. Testing the boundaries is our specialty. As part of one of the world's most innovative and recognizable brands, we are committed to creating the best consumer electronics, information technology, broadcast and professional systems in the world.
Technology is an ever-changing industry, so why not stay ahead of the game? If you're ready to play on the cutting edge of technology, join Sony's engineering team and become a pioneer of the products that inspire people around the globe.
Sony's U.S. Research Center currently has an opening for Senior Applied Research Engineer in our San Jose, California location. This position is responsible for researching and developing algorithms and architectures for integration into advanced services and products. Responsibilities will include investigating and utilizing complex engineering and mathematical principles to develop core technologies, composing algorithm structures and finding solutions to problems. This will include the assessment and improvement of algorithm performance on a variety of platforms. This position also requires the engineer to analyze and determine system standards and test procedures.
You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors and demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. You will be responsible for networking with senior internal and external personnel in your own area of expertise
- PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering or Computer Science is required
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models and fundamentals in Computer Vision theories is required
- Experience in research and publication records of Deep Learning, esp. Convolutional Neural Network, especially in Scene Understanding is a strong plus
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Matlab or Python is a strong plus
- Solid knowledge on statistical evaluation methodologies is a strong plus
- Experience in research and publication records of Markov Random Field and Conditional Random Field to understand spatial correlation is a strong plus
- Must be self-motivated and creative, with proven analytical skills, excellent research record, and ability to communicate effectively
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.