Description: Number of Openings: 1
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Degree Level: MSc or PhD – current student or recent graduate (less than 1 year)
Major(s): Computer Science or related fields
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in human gesture capture and recognition with sensor integration for AR/VR applications.
- Design and implement a complete system solution for human-computer interaction, including gesture capturing, haptics, and multi-modal interactions.
- Integrate the system/software with existing Bosch products.
- Work on research topics that target high-quality paper and patent submissions.
- Strong background in system software, signal processing, and machine learning fields.
- Hands-on experience with sensor integration, 3D motion capture, animation, analysis and 3D rendering.
- Knowledge and practical experience in system integration and performance optimization.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Very good communication and teamwork skills
- (Bonus) Experience in real-time human motion recognition systems
- (Bonus) Experience in different motion capture sensors, e.g. IMU, optical devices, etc.
- (Bonus) Experience in co-authoring high-quality research papers (SIGGRAPH/I3D/VR/ISMAR, etc.)
Duration: 3-6 months
Start Date: as soon as possible
About the Bosch Research and Technology Center
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America (www.boschresearch.com) with offices in Palo Alto, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 50 billion euro revenue, 300,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of robotics and autonomous systems, visual computing, human-machine interaction, natural language understanding, web technologies, data mining, car infotainment, complex simulations, energy materials and technologies, wireless solutions, sensors, circuit design, and software engineering. In all areas we work in close collaboration with our partners at leading US universities, leading-edge industry partners, and other worldwide Bosch research, development, and marketing units.
About Visual Computing at RTC-NA
Our Visual Computing group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, scientific visualization, mixed-reality, and HCI. We focus on solutions to hard challenges in using visual and other modes of communication for natural user interaction. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals.