|Title: Computer Vision / Deep Learning Scientist (All Levels)||Posted: September 15, 2016|
Description: wrnch develops deep real-time computer vision technology that is used to create innovative digital entertainment AR/VR applications by some of the world’s largest brands in digital entertainment and consumer products. If the prospect of building bleeding edge computer vision technology into game engines to deliver world-first AR/VR applications excites you, this might be the opportunity you have been dreaming of!
wrnch’s software development team develops a unique high performance computer vision engine that runs across all compute platforms (mobile, cloud and desktop). Our competences at this point include human pose estimation, deep learning, synthetic data generation, GPU optimization, video denoising and game development (Unity & Unreal). As our company name implies, the software development team is the core of wrnch. The team is currently around 10 and is expected to grow to 20 within the next 2 years. As an early member of this group, you will have a unique opportunity to help to build this team and shape its culture.
Role and Responsibilities
We are now recruiting computer vision and machine learning scientists at all levels to help us to build out the SDK’s computer vision capabilities. As a wrnch scientist, you will work closely with the wrnch development team on the successful and timely ongoing delivery of the SDK and related projects. The ideal candidate is a driven and talented scientist with a proven track record of quickly solving difficult technical problems and a hunger to use computer vision and machine learning to positively impact millions of lives.
• Develop algorithms and CNNs to power the computer vision capabilities of the wrnch SDK
• Perform scientific analysis and share insights and best practices across the development team
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field specializing in computer vision &/ machine learning
• Fast learner
Nice to Haves
• Passion for developing applications in any of the following domains: computer vision, video games, computer graphics, AR or VR
• Nonetheless, a proven passion for excellence trumps any specific experience.
Application Instructions: If you are excited by this possibility and see yourself as a strong fit for the role, please reach out and visit us at http://www.wrnch.com/careers
N.B. At this time, wrnch can only hire candidates with valid Canadian work permits.