30072 Sr. Applied Research Engineer (Advanced Computer Graphics: VR/AR Video Processing Engineer)
Sony Electronics US Research Center located in San Jose, CA, currently has an opening for a Senior Applied Research Engineer. As a Senior Research Engineer, you will be involved in a multidisciplinary research effort on cutting-edge computer vision and computer graphics algorithm proposal and development. Special interest and focus include but not limited to 3D visualization, virtual reality and immersive video processing research for the future Sony products and services.
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision or Computer Graphics or equivalent is highly preferable.
- Background of novel algorithm development in the field of 3D modeling, multi-view 3D reconstruction, active sensing or image based rendering is required.
- Matlab, Python or C/C++ for rapid algorithm prototyping is required.
- Outstanding research track record and communication skills are required.
- Minimum 2 years of related professional experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.