Sony Electronics US Research Center located in San Jose, CA, currently has an opening for a Senior Applied Research Engineer. As a Senior Engineer, you will be involved in a multidisciplinary research effort on the emerging visual processing technologies. Special interest and focus include but not limited to contribution and active participation in the International Standards Bodies for the development of next generation video processing and video compression technologies.
- PhD in an Engineering field is required
- A track record of research in video compression and computer vision or equivalent is required
- Familiarity with video codec standards such as HEVC is a plus
- Familiarity to image sensor and related signal processing is desirable
- Solid knowledge in current video and image processing techniques required
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Matlab required
- Working experience in algorithm research and rapid prototype development is preferred
- Must have outstanding documentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, when and if necessary.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.