We have an opening for a postdoctoral researcher in computer vision and/or machine leaning at the University of British Columbia (UBC). The ideal candidate will have recently completed, or will soon complete, their PhD in Computer Science, or a related discipline, with strong publication record in top-tier vision and/or machine learning conferences and journals (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.) in one or more of the following areas:
- Language and vision (captioning, NLP-based search, VQA, visual dialogs)
- Video spatio-temporal understanding
- Object and category recognition/detection
- Semantic representation and recognition
- Representation and deep learning
- Weakly-supervised, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning
The candidate will actively participate in research and publishing, work with graduate students, and have opportunities for teaching. The starting time for the position is negotiable.