The Computer Vision Group of Toshiba Research Europe is looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team of researchers. We seek a creative mind who can significantly advance the state-of-the-art in computer vision. Your research ideas have a solid theoretical foundation, and you are able to demonstrate the practical value through prototype implementations. Publishing at major conferences and in top journals is highly encouraged, and you will be able to actively contribute to our collaborations with Oxbridge Universities and the Toshiba Corporate R&D Center in Japan.
- Research and develop cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning methods
- Contribute to Toshiba's future technologies
- Represent Toshiba Research Europe at computer vision conferences and collaborators
- A PhD in computer vision, machine learning or a related field
(2+ years post-doctoral or equivalent industrial experience is beneficial)
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision and/or machine learning
- Strong publication record at major computer vision conferences and journals
- Hands-on experience with theoretical derivations and practical implementations
- Self-motivated and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are part of the Cambridge Research Laboratories of Toshiba Research Europe and based in Cambridge, UK. Our current core competences are in the areas of 3D reconstruction and deep learning, and we seek to further strengthen our expertise in these topics. We are working on a number of relevant research themes to support Toshiba's vision of changing our daily lives, including automotive, energy, and infrastructure technologies.
£45,000 – £65,000 (depending on experience)
plus discretionary bonus, pension, private health-care, and other benefits.