Title:Computer Vision Engineer - Full time / Internship / Part time
Posted: March 16, 2016
Company/Institution: PerceptiMed Inc.
Location: Mountain View, CA
PerceptiMed is a group of creative and energetic people building a revolutionary state of the art medication-verification system that dramatically improves safety within pharmacies, long-term care facilities and hospitals. This unique, tabletop device reduces the margin for human error when fulfilling prescriptions, setting the industry standard for validation with a 99.9% error detection rate.
PerceptiMed’s industry-leading technology platform (image processing, computer vision, pattern recognition, embedded software, hardware, and firmware) was built by our team of interdisciplinary entrepreneurial engineers. We are passionate about our customers, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent and talented engineers who are eager to join our world-class team.
We are looking for people with expertise in Machine Learning and Computer Vision to innovate in algorithm design and development for a range of computer vision technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED
• Expertise and experience is learning algorithms (multi-class classifications, decision trees, support vector machines and deep learning)
• Expertise and experience in computer vision (feature extraction, segmentation, color, shape and texture analysis, character recognition). Experience with text detection / recognition is preferred.
• Strong programming skills in C, C++, Python, MATLAB, C#
• Proficiency in using OpenCV. Experience with OpenMP and CUDA is a plus
• Experience with large data set analyses
• Strong Knowledge in areas of linear systems, applied mathematics, optimization, algorithm design and high performance computing would be strongly preferred.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Passion for cutting edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery.
The internship and part time positions can start immediately. Qualified students should already be attending school in the San Francisco Bay area.
Application Instructions: Please send your resume to