Title:Researcher - Computer Vision and Machine Learning
Posted: December 15, 2015
Company/Institution: NEC Labs America
Location: Cupertino, CA
Department: Media Analytics
Description: The Media Analytics Department of NEC Labs America in Cupertino (CA) is seeking outstanding researchers in computer vision and machine learning. Candidates must possess an exceptional track record of research and passion to create high impact products. Our researchers establish leadership in the community and maintain active collaborations with universities worldwide.
The Media Analytics group provides a vibrant environment that has produced very strong research results. In recent years, we have won the Best Paper Award at CVPR, while our monocular SFM, object detection and tracking approaches are among the top performers on the KITTI benchmark. Our research focuses on two major directions: large-scale image recognition and 3D reconstruction - with applications like face recognition, image search and 3D scene understanding for autonomous driving.
1) PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent)
2) Strong publication record at top-tier computer vision or machine learning venues
3) Motivation to conduct independent research from conception to implementation
4) Ability to develop large-scale systems working with image or video data
1) Research focus in visual recognition, 3D reconstruction or scene understanding
2) Strong programming skills in C/C++
3) Experience with parallel or distributed computing
Application Instructions: Please access our career center at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1189524