Description: We are looking for a PhD student to assist in the development and implementation of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new projects in AIG's Special Projects Lab (part of AIG's Global Science team). You will work in a small and dynamic team, and develop cutting edge deep learning methods for future AIG products. The success in this role requires the ownership of a significant new work-stream in the team focused on solving artificial intelligence problems including, but not limited to, object recognition, and caption generation, speech recognition, machine translation, and artificial help desk.
The success in this role requires the candidate to:
1) Employ the best of machine-learning research for solving business problems - disrupting the current practice in insurance
2) Build and refine machine learning algorithms that can find patterns in large multi-modal data (particularly, images, audio, and texts)
3) Participate in, lead, create cross-functional projects
Above all, this role will provide a unique opportunity to enjoy state-of-the-art research and development; grow and be challenged in an entrepreneurial/ start-up-like division of a large company; and create game-changing products for the insurance/ financial industry.
1) PhD student in their second year or more
1) Scientific expertise and real-world experience in deep learning
2) Strong background in basic machine learning and statistical modeling (e.g., classification, regression, and clustering)
3) Expertise in programming (e.g., Python , C++, CUDA) and computing technologies (high-performance computing and/or big-data platforms)
4) Ability to use existing machine/deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, Caffe, and SciKitLearn)
1) Strong track record in related scientific fields (e.g., machine learning, computer science, engineering, statistics)
2) Experience in applying machine learning to problems in one of the following domains: computer vision, speech processing, and natural language processing
3) Practical experience of modern big-data computing ecosystems such as Apache Spark
Duration: 3 months
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance company. Tracing its roots to a company started in Shanghai in 1919, today AIG provides a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG’s diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks, and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the symbol “AIG”.
AIG Commercial Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products for commercial and institutional customers through one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. AIG Commercial Insurance offers one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, through its diversified, multichannel distribution network, benefiting from its strong capital position.
AIG Consumer Insurance is a premier provider of insurance products for individuals and families including select consumer property insurance offerings, life insurance protection, and retirement products. AIG has one of the largest life insurance, annuity and retirement services businesses in the United States with one of the broadest distribution networks and most diverse product offerings in the industry. AIG Consumer Insurance serves in the U.S. alone 18 million customers with life insurance products and retirement services.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Application Instructions: Email your CV to Minh-Tri Pham at email@example.com. References are not necessary but recommended. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.