Description: Description: The Computer Vision Group at Toshiba Research Europe is looking for two exceptional researchers to join the team. As a researcher in our group you will work in a small and dynamic team, and conduct research to develop cutting edge computer vision methods. We seek a creative mind who can significantly advance the state-of-the-art in computer vision. Your research ideas have a solid theoretical foundation, and you are able to demonstrate the practical value of your ideas by developing prototype implementations. You will have impact within Toshiba by designing new algorithms to be used in future products. Publishing at major conferences and in top journals is highly encouraged.
- A PhD in computer vision, machine learning or a related field
- Preferably 2+ years of post-doctoral or equivalent industrial experience
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision and/or machine learning
- Strong publication record at major computer vision conferences and journals
- Solid C++ development skills, experience with GPU programming is a plus
- Hands-on experience with theoretical derivations and practical implementations
- Self motivated and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are part of the Cambridge Research Laboratories of Toshiba Research and based in Cambridge, UK. Our current core competences are in the areas of 3D reconstruction and recognition, and we seek to further strengthen our expertise especially in machine learning. We are working on a number of relevant topics to support Toshiba's vision of changing our daily lives, including automotive, energy, and infrastructure technologies.
Application Instructions: Send email with CV and cover letter to email@example.com before July 31, 2016.