Description: Yahoo Research NYC is looking for junior and senior level Research Scientists in Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
Computer Vision at Yahoo Research tackles some of the most interesting real-world problems in image and video understanding. Powered by Yahoo's massive repository of multimedia content, we conduct research and development in a variety of areas including visual recognition, visual saliency detection, vision/language, visual aesthetics and creativity; and, we do so by applying our expertise in computer vision, machine learning, and deep learning. Our work has direct impact on many of Yahoo's flagship products by powering core technologies such as multimedia metadata enrichment, search and recommendation, video highlight detection and summarization, and search by visual content.
We will challenge your brain every day, and when you succeed you will change the lives of hundreds of millions of people, allowing them to do things they never dreamed they could do. Come join us and use your scientific background to drive Yahoo-scale innovation! We strongly encourage our team members to stay abreast of novel academic work and publish papers and/or patents when appropriate. We also release open-source projects and datasets. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your computer vision skills to the 10 terabytes of data that Yahoo captures every day.
Your Day :
(1) Design and carry out both fundamental and applied research in large-scale image and video understanding.
(2) Work closely with engineers to develop prototypes and transfer research to new products, new processes, and/or new business areas.
(3) Actively participate in the academic community and publish high quality research.
(4) Collaborate with academics and students from top universities on novel research ideas.
You Must Have :
(1) Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Multimedia, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, AI or a related field.
(2) 5+ years of research experience in computer vision, multimedia, deep learning, machine learning, and AI methodology.
(3) Publications in top-tier conferences and journals in related fields (e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.).
(4) Strong algorithmic problem solving and software development skills (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.).
(5) Excellent communication & writing skills.
Application Instructions: Send your CV with a link to your academic website to: firstname.lastname@example.org