Title:Research Engineer: Computer Vision/Multimodal Systems (P16F02)
Posted: May 18, 2017
Company/Institution: Honda Research Institute USA
Location: Mountain View, CA
Description: The position focuses on vehicle sensor calibration and applying machine learning and computer vision algorithms to recorded data obtained from our experimental platforms.
- Applying computer vision/multimodal data analysis methods to data collected on street scenes using our advanced test vehicles.
- Developing processes, procedures, and algorithms for calibration of multiple sensors including camera, LiDAR, GPS, IMU, CAN-bus, and radar.
- M.S. or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Research experience in computer vision, and driver behavioral data analytics.
- Hands on experience in multi-sensor calibration and setup.
- Highly proficient in software engineering using C++ and Python.
- Experience in Robot Operating System (ROS) preferred.
- Experience in hardware and software synchronization of asynchronous data streams preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including development and delivery of presentations, proposals, and technical documents.
Application Instructions: Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line including the job number you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.