|Title: Object Detection And 3D Pose Estimation - Computer Vision Expert||Posted: July 7, 2017|
|Company/Institution: Mujin Inc.|
|Location: Tokyo, Japan|
|Department: Perception group|
We gather the smartest people from all over the world to tackle the most challenging robot automation problems, in order to deliver the latest and best robot technologies into factories, warehouses, food centers, and many others.
We build real-time vision and motion planning solutions that have a huge demand in industrial settings. We are looking for expert vision engineers to develop object recognition and 3D pose estimation solutions in scenarios that require real-time robot perception such as random bin-picking.
You will be part of the core R&D team within MUJIN and will focus on the algorithmic design, development and deployment of the computer vision applications. We work in a fast paced, agile environment, where we constantly collaborate, peer review ideas, and test proposed solutions. We encourage continuous learning and brainstorming of ideas within the team.
- PhD in Computer Vision related topics or MSc with vast computer vision experience.
- Expert in 3D pose estimation of textured and textureless objects in cluttered scenes, with proven experience.
- Very solid Python and C++ experience.
- Experience with a vast set of computer vision libraries.
- Solid mathematical background.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- Advanced Linux user.
- MSc Degree or higher in computer science or related fields.
- 3+ years of academic or work experience in object recognition or pose estimation.
- High proficiency in Python and/or C++.
- Experience in creating computationally efficient code that generalizes to multiple detectors.
- Ability to turn academic ideas into high-quality code.
- Excellent knowledge in linear algebra.
- Highly enthusiastic about robotics.
A few demos:
IREX 2015 -
Bolt picking - Liquid handeling - Box picking - Car seat placement
If you are excited about computer vision, and want to tackle the most challenging perception problems in robotics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
To know more about us, visit the MUJIN website at